53ER21 – Trucks, Bucks and Trips Promotion.
- Beginning May 17, 2021, and continuing through August 2, 2021, ("Promotion Period") the Florida Lottery will conduct the Trucks, Bucks and Trips Promotion ("Promotion") in which players can enter non-winning GUY HARVEY $500,000 FLORIDA CASH Florida Lottery Scratch-Off tickets (also known as instant tickets) into a promotional drawing for a chance to win 2021 Guy Harvey Edition Ford F-150 pickup trucks, VIP trips to Grand Cayman Island and $1,000 cash prizes. Non-winning Scratch-Off lottery tickets from Game Number 1456, GUY HARVEY $500,000 FLORIDA CASH may be entered throughout the entire Promotion Period for entry into the next available drawing. Winning Scratch-Off lottery tickets from GUY HARVEY $500,000 FLORIDA CASH cannot be used for entry into a Trucks, Bucks and Trips promotional drawing.
- How to Participate.
- To enter a non-winning GUY HARVEY $500,000 FLORIDA CASH Scratch-Off lottery ticket into one of the Trucks, Bucks and Trips promotional drawings, a player may use the Florida Lottery's website at flalottery.com. or use the Florida Lottery's Mobile Convenience App ("App"). On the home page of the Florida Lottery's website, players are to click on the Second Chance tab, select the Trucks, Bucks and Trips Promotion and follow the directions. Players will be prompted to log-in or register. On the App, players may click on either of the Promotions buttons, select the Trucks, Bucks and Trips Promotion and follow the directions. Players will be prompted to log-in or register if not already logged in. A Promotions button is located on the main menu and also on the bottom navigation bar. Players are to scratch off the coating on the front of the ticket to reveal the 24-digit ticket serial number and enter the entire number in the designated ticket entry area on the website or scan the ticket barcode located under the Scratch-Off ticket coating on the front of the ticket using the App. The 24-digit ticket serial number (4-digit game number and 20-digit ticket number) is located below the play area on the front of a GUY HARVEY $500,000 FLORIDA CASH Scratch-Off ticket under the latex covering. Players may enter a qualifying ticket into the Promotion at any time of day during the Promotion Period; however, on occasion, entry capabilities on the website and App may be temporarily unavailable due to routine maintenance or technical difficulties.
- Any attempt by a player to use more than one account by using multiple or different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods will subject the player and any associated entries to disqualification
- Regardless of whether a player chooses to participate in the Promotion by mobile device or web browser the following provisions shall apply:
- the player may use the same account login information to enter tickets;
- the player will only be required to register one time; and
- the player's entry history will be cumulative among the entry platforms.
- A player may earn multiple entries during the entry period; however, each ticket number can only be entered one time to earn one entry. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries in the drawing. All entries are subject to validation by the Florida Lottery and may be disqualified if eligibility requirements are not met. Lottery tickets should not be mailed to the Lottery for entry into the drawing. Lottery tickets received in the mail by the Florida Lottery will not be entered into the drawing and will not be returned.
- Promo Codes. Various promo codes will be available to players during the Promotion via social media, streaming platforms, websites, gas station TV and emails. A player may earn five (5) additional entries by entering a promo code at the time the player enters a non-winning GUY HARVEY $500,000 FLORIDA CASH Scratch-Off ticket number into a drawing. A non-winning GUY HARVEY $500,000 FLORIDA CASH Scratch-Off ticket number must be entered to enable the promo code feature, and the ticket number and the promo code must be entered at the same time. Each promo code is only valid for the corresponding entry period for which it is designated and can only be entered one time. However, more than one different promo code may be entered during the corresponding entry period for which it is designated, each with a different non-winning GUY HARVEY $500,000 FLORIDA CASH Scratch-Off ticket number,
- Prizes. The following table sets forth the prizes available in the Promotion.
Prizes per Drawing Prize Level Prize Number of Prizewinners
Total Number of
Grand Prize 2021 Ford F-150 Guy Harvey Edition Pickup Truck 1 3 Second Prize VIP Trip to Grand Cayman Island 2 6 Third Prize $1,000 40 120 Total 43 129
- Drawings. A total of three promotional drawings will be held. Prizewinners for each drawing will be randomly selected from entries submitted and received before midnight ET on the last day of the entry period for that drawing. The entry periods, drawing dates and winner announcement dates are set forth in the table below. Drawings shall be public, held in Tallahassee, Florida, and witnessed by an accountant employed by an independent certified public accounting firm.
Drawing Entry Period Drawing Date Winners Announced 1 May 17, 2021– June 14, 2021 June 16, 2021 June 21, 2021 2 June 15, 2021 – July 12, 2021 July 14, 2021 July 19, 2021 3 July 13, 2021 – August 2, 2021 August 4, 2021 August 9, 2021
- Prizewinner Notification.
- The prizewinners in each promotional drawing will be posted on flalottery.com on the announcement date set forth in the table in subsection (5) above for the related drawing, or as soon thereafter as practicable.
- The Florida Lottery will attempt to notify each prizewinner by telephone or email using the contact information provided in the prizewinner's registration data no later than one business day (Monday-Friday) after the prizewinners are posted on the Florida Lottery's website. The Florida Lottery deems the winner's registration data as the prizewinner’s official contact information, including the physical mailing address. The Florida Lottery will not attempt to further locate a prizewinner if attempts to reach the winner by telephone or email are unsuccessful. If the Florida Lottery is unable to have contact by telephone or email with a prizewinner within seven calendar days of the date the prizewinners are posted on the website, the winner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will award the prize to an alternate prizewinner in accordance with subsection (5) above. If the Florida Lottery is unable to have contact by email or telephone with the alternate prizewinner within seven calendar days of the date of notification, the alternate prizewinner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will award the prize to the next alternate prizewinner. This process will continue until an alternate prizewinner is contacted or the Florida Lottery has exhausted the list of alternate prizewinners due to unsuccessful notification attempts or due to failure by a prizewinner or an alternate prizewinner to timely provide required claim documentation as set forth in subsection (7) below. If the Florida Lottery exhausts the list of alternate prizewinners, the prize will not be awarded. The Florida Lottery is not responsible or liable for email failures or faults, telephone failures or faults, voicemail failures or faults; system, network, or software failures or faults; or the like.
- How to Claim a Prize.
- To claim any prize in a promotional drawing, the prizewinner must submit to the Florida Lottery the original valid non-winning GUY HARVEY $500,000 FLORIDA CASH Scratch-Off lottery ticket bearing the ticket number selected in the drawing. Without such ticket, the prizewinner will forfeit his or her right to claim a prize. The prizewinner must submit the entry ticket along with a completed Winner Claim Form DOL 173-2, revised 1/21, Winner Claim Form- Entity DOL 173-2E, effective 1/21, Spanish Winner Claim Form DOL 173-2S, revised 1/21, or Spanish Winner Claim Form- Entity DOL 173-2SE, effective 1/21 and a copy of acceptable identification as set forth in the rule of the Florida Lottery governing payment of prizes. A copy of the current prize payment rule can be obtained from the Florida Lottery, Office of the General Counsel, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4011. Forms DOL 173-2, DOL 173-2E, DOL 173-2S and DOL 173-2SE are hereby incorporated by reference and may be obtained at any Florida Lottery office or retailer, from the Florida Lottery's website at flalottery.com, or by writing to: Florida Lottery, Customer Service, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4016. Grand prize winners must also submit a completed Truck Prize Winner Release, Acknowledgement and Authorization form DOL-474-GH-W-Truck, effective 5/21. Second prize winners must also submit a completed Trip Prize Winner Release, Acknowledgement and Authorization form DOL-474-GH-W-Trip, effective 5/21 and Trip Prize Guest Release, Acknowledgement and Authorization form DOL-474-GH-G-Trip, effective 5/21. Forms DOL-474-GH-Truck, DOL-474-GH-W-Trip, and DOL-474-GH-G-Trip are hereby incorporated by reference and may be obtained at any Florida Lottery office or by writing to: Florida Lottery, Customer Service, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4016. All required documentation must be received by any Florida Lottery office no later than fourteen calendar days after the Florida Lottery has made personal contact with the prizewinner. If the Florida Lottery has not received the required documentation from a prizewinner by the fourteenth calendar day after notification, the prizewinner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will award the prize to an alternate prizewinner in accordance with subsections (5) and (6) above. The same timeframe for a prizewinner to return required documentation to the Florida Lottery shall apply to an alternate prizewinner.
- Award of Grand Prizes.
- Upon the Florida Lottery's timely receipt of a grand prize winner’s required documentation, the Lottery will award a grand prize of a 2021 Ford F-150 Guy Harvey Edition Pick-up Truck (or "Ford F-150"). The Florida Lottery will pay tax, tag, and title fees on the vehicle as well as applicable federal income tax withholding on the retail value of the grand prize. The retail value of the grand prize is estimated at $60,369.40 (MSRP of the Ford F-150 is $55,920, plus sales tax, tag, title, and inspection fees) but may vary based on the geographic location of the dealership where the vehicle is picked up. Federal income tax withholding is estimated at $19,064.02 for a U.S. citizen. The reportable taxable value of the grand prize is estimated at $79,433.42 for a U.S. citizen. Any taxes on the prize in excess of applicable federal income tax withholding requirements are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner.
- The Florida Lottery will provide the grand prize winner a certificate describing the prize and the Ford dealership contact information (which will be based on geography and available inventory) to arrange to take possession of the prize. The prizewinner may choose from one of three predetermined colors for the exterior of the truck at the time of initial contact with the dealership. The prizewinner must go to the dealership to pick up the prize within 30 days of being notified that the vehicle is ready to be picked up. In order to pick the vehicle up and drive the vehicle off of the dealership premises, the winner must present proof of a valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance as required by the laws of the state of residence of the winner, which in Florida are Chapters 322 and 324, Florida Statutes, respectively. If the prizewinner is unable to provide proof of a valid driver’s license, the vehicle must be removed by trailer or similar transport equipment provided by the prizewinner or driven by a person who is able to provide proof of a valid driver’s license. The cost of travel to take possession of a truck prize shall be the responsibility of the prizewinner. Neither the Florida Lottery nor Guy Harvey provide any warranty, maintenance plan or additional accessories (beyond the “Guy Harvey Package”) for the Ford F-150 prize. If the prizewinner chooses to purchase any additional options beyond what comes with the Guy Harvey Package, he or she will be responsible for the cost and applicable taxes. If the prizewinner fails to pick up the Ford F-150 before the deadline, he or she will forfeit the prize.
- A cash option is not available in lieu of a truck prize.
- Award of Second Prizes.
- Upon the Florida Lottery’s timely receipt of a second prize winner’s required documentation, the Lottery will award a second prize of a four day/three night VIP Island Getaway to Grand Cayman Island (“Trip Prize”) for two persons. The Florida Lottery will provide the second prize winner a certificate describing the prize and supplying the contact information for the prizewinner to make reservations and obtain all necessary information to utilize the prize elements in the Trip Prize.
The Trip Prize includes:
- Oceanfront suite for two (2) at the Kimpton Seafire Resort and Spa, Grand Cayman;
- Roundtrip first-class airfare for two (2) from the nearest commercial airport to the residence of the second prize winner (or their proxy);
- One (1) full day offshore fishing charter;
- Helicopter tour of Grand Cayman;
- $500/day meal stipend for two (2) [provided via four (4) no-fee Visa/MasterCard gift cards for a total of $2,000 in gift cards];
- Car rental [mid-size or similar for four (4) days with, unlimited mileage];
- $1,000 Guy Harvey shopping spree (gift card provided via GuyHarvey.com gift);
- Private lunch and gallery tour with Guy Harvey; and
- Payment of federal income tax withholding on the total retail value of the Trip Prize elements described in subparagraphs 1. through 8., above.
- The Florida Lottery will pay applicable federal income tax withholding on the retail value of the Trip Prize. The reportable taxable value of the prize includes the value of the prize plus the value of the federal income tax withholding paid by the Lottery. The retail value of a Trip Prize and the reportable taxable value of the prize for a U.S. citizen are as follows:
Retail Value of Trip Prize Reportable Taxable Value of Trip Prize $15,000 $19,736.84
- A Trip Prize does not include travel (except as specified above), meals (except as specified above), parking fees, baggage fees, travel insurance, alcoholic beverages (other than those served without charge at any reception and/or party), any items not expressly specified, incidentals, tips, and personal expenses such as telephone calls, valet service or laundry, etc., as well as revision or cancellation fees that may be charged by the hotel, airline, or other suppliers.
- The trip must be booked by April 29, 2022 and must be taken by December 31, 2022. Hotel and airfare reservations are subject to availability.
- The $500/day meal stipend gift cards will be mailed to the prizewinner approximately thirty (30) days prior to trip departure.
- The $1,000 Guy Harvey shopping spree gift card will be electronically mailed to the prizewinner approximately thirty (30) days prior to trip departure.
- The prizewinner or the prizewinner's guest must be at least 21 years of age to check in to the hotel. The prizewinner will be required to submit a valid major credit card to the hotel to cover all expenses not specifically awarded as part of the Trip Prize.
- The prizewinner or the prizewinner's guest must be at least 25 years of age to rent a car without incurring additional fees. Renters under the age of 25 will be subject to additional international driving fees which are not included in the Trip Prize. The prizewinner will be required to submit a valid major credit card to the car rental agency to cover insurance, if elected, services and charges, and any damages incurred to the vehicle during the rental. The prizewinner will be responsible for the cost of any insurance on the rental vehicle.
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult on the fishing trip and helicopter tour.
- The prizewinner and his or her guest must travel on the same airline itinerary.
- If the prizewinner misses his or her flight, reasonable efforts will be used to reschedule the flight at the prizewinner's expense.
- If the prizewinner chooses not to travel or becomes unavailable for any reason, the prizewinner may appoint a proxy, provided there is sufficient time, by completing a Proxy Appointment and Acknowledgement form DOL-491-B, Revised 5/21. Form DOL491-B and a completed Trip Prize Proxy Release, Acknowledgement and Authorization form DOL-474-GH-P-Trip, effective 5/21, must be received by the Lottery at least two weeks prior to the booking deadline. Forms DOL-491-B and DOL-474-GH-P-Trip are hereby incorporated by reference and can be obtained from any Florida Lottery office, or by writing to Florida Lottery, Customer Service Division, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4016. If the prizewinner or appointed proxy fails to book the trip prior to the booking deadline, the prizewinner will forfeit the trip and will remain taxable on the entire value of the Trip Prize. In the event a proxy is appointed, the original prizewinner shall receive the meal stipend gift cards and shopping spree gift card as described in (9)(e) and (f) above; and the entire value of the Trip Prize shall remain taxable income to the original prizewinner. Should the proxy, for any reason, be unable to travel, neither the prizewinner nor the proxy may appoint another proxy; and the trip portion of the prize shall be forfeited. In such case, however, the prizewinner will still receive the gift cards and the entire value of the Trip Prize shall remain taxable income to the original prizewinner.
- If the prizewinner claims the prize with the Florida Lottery but fails to make travel arrangements with the fulfillment company by April 29, 2022, the Trip Prize shall be forfeited except for the gift cards. In such case, the meal stipend gift cards and the shopping spree gift card will be mailed and emailed, respectively, to the prizewinner immediately after the booking timeframe has passed and the entire value of the Trip Prize will remain taxable income to the prizewinner.
- Except as provided herein for a proxy, no prize element substitution, cash substitution, assignment, or transfer of the trip portion of the prize or any elements thereof is permitted. Any unused elements of the trip portion of the prize will be forfeited, will not be redeemable for cash, and will not reduce the second prize value awarded for tax purposes.
- A cash option is not available in lieu of a Trip Prize.
- Award of Third Prizes. Upon the Florida Lottery's timely receipt of a third prize winner's required documentation, the Lottery will award a third prize of $1,000.
- Except as specifically described herein, all federal, state and/or local taxes or other fees on a prize won in the Trucks, Bucks and Trips Promotion will be the responsibility of the prizewinner.
- Federal income taxes are required to be withheld from a prize awarded to a nonresident alien claimant at the rate of thirty percent (30%) pursuant to applicable provisions of the Internal Revenue Code. Thirty percent federal income tax withholding will be withheld from a third prize won by a nonresident alien prizewinner in the Promotion. The reporting and subsequent payment of any additional federal, state and/or local taxes shall be the responsibility of the nonresident alien prizewinner.
- Other Restrictions and Provisions.
- All prizes are subject to the provisions of Chapter 24, Florida Statutes, and rules promulgated thereunder. Prizes shall be paid in accordance with the rule of the Florida Lottery governing payment of prizes. A copy of the current prize payment rule can be obtained from the Florida Lottery, Office of the General Counsel, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4011.
- Third prize winners will be analyzed for state-owed debt. If a third prize winner is identified as owing an outstanding debt to any state agency or owes child support collected through a court, the debt will be offset in accordance with section 24.115(4), Florida Statutes. If the debt is an amount less than the amount of the prize, the balance of the prize after deduction of the debt shall be awarded. If the debt is an amount greater than the amount of the prize, the entire prize amount will be applied to the outstanding debt.
- Players must be at least 18 years of age. Persons prohibited by section 24.116, Florida Statutes, from purchasing a Florida Lottery ticket are not eligible to enter the Trucks, Bucks and Trips Promotion.
- By entering the Trucks, Bucks and Trips Promotion, a player gives his or her permission for the Florida Lottery to photograph and/or videotape and record the prizewinner with or without prior notification and to use the name, photograph, videotape, and/or recording of the prizewinner for advertising or publicity purposes without additional compensation.
In each of the drawings, a total of 63 valid entries will be drawn by the Florida Lottery using a certified random number generation process. The first entry drawn will win the grand prize. The second and third entries drawn will each win a second prize. The fourth through forty-third entries drawn will each win a third prize. The remaining entries drawn will be used in the order in which they were drawn and in the order of need to select an alternate grand, second, or third prize winner in the event a grand, second, or third prize cannot be awarded. A total of one hundred twenty-nine prizes will be available in the Promotion.
The official rule for the Trucks, Bucks and Trips Promotion can be obtained from the Florida Administrative Code at www.flrules.org on or soon after May 18, 2021. In the event of a conflict between a provision of this rule and the official rule for the Trucks, Bucks and Trips Promotion, the official rule shall govern.