53ER20 – 59 MONOPOLY™ Bonus Promotion.
- Beginning July 6, 2020, and continuing through September 14, 2020, ("Promotion Period") the Florida Lottery will conduct the MONOPOLY™ Bonus Promotion ("Promotion") in which players can enter non-winning Florida Lottery Scratch-Off tickets (also known as instant tickets) from the following MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR family of games into a MONOPOLY Bonus second chance drawing for a chance to win a cash prize:
- Game Number 1459, $1 MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR;
- Game Number 1460, $2 MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR;
- Game Number 1461, $5 MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR; and
- Game Number 1462, $10 MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR.
- How to Enter.
- To enter a non-winning MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR family Scratch-Off lottery ticket into one of the MONOPOLY Bonus second chance drawings, a player may enter on the Florida Lottery's website at flalottery.com. or using the Florida Lottery's Mobile Convenience App ("App"). On the home page of the Florida Lottery's website, players are to click on the Promotions banner, select the MONOPOLY Bonus Promotion and follow the directions. Players will be prompted to log-in or register. On the App, players may click on either of the Promotions buttons, log-in, select the MONOPOLY Bonus Promotion and follow the directions. A Promotions button is located on the main menu and also on the bottom navigation bar. The 24-digit ticket serial number (4-digit game number and 20-digit ticket number) is located below the play area on the front of a MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR family Scratch-Off ticket under the latex covering. Players are to scratch off the latex covering to reveal the number and enter the entire 24-digit ticket serial number in the designated ticket entry area on the website or scan the ticket barcode located under the latex covering on the front of the ticket using the App.
- Entry Determination. Each non-winning MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR family Scratch-Off lottery ticket is assigned a predetermined number of entries that corresponds to the price of the non-winning ticket, as shown in the table below.
Ticket Price Point Game Name Number of Entries $1 Game Number 1459
$1 MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR
1 $2 Game Number 1460
$2 MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR
2 $5 Game Number 1461
$5 MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR
5 $10 Game Number 1462
$10 MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR
Each valid non-winning ticket number may only be entered one time and only into one drawing during the Promotion Period. Tickets should not be mailed to the Florida Lottery unless players are contacted by the Florida Lottery and requested to do so. Non-winning tickets received in the mail by the Florida Lottery will not be entered in a drawing and will not be returned. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries entered. All entries are subject to validation by the Florida Lottery and may be disqualified if eligibility requirements are not met.
- Promo Codes. Various promo codes will be available to players during the Promotion via social media platforms, websites, emails, commercials and TV touchpoints, and with the purchase of a $10 or more FANTASY 5® ticket sold during the Promotion Period. A player may earn additional entries by entering a promo code at the time the player enters a non-winning MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR family Scratch-Off ticket number into a drawing. A non-winning MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR family Scratch-Off ticket number must be entered to enable the promo code feature, and the ticket number and the promo code must be entered at the same time. Promo codes obtained with the purchase of $10 or more FANTASY 5 ticket that are entered with a non-winning MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR family Scratch-Off ticket number will earn 10 extra entries. Promo codes obtained through other means of advertisement that are entered with a non-winning MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR family Scratch-Off ticket number will earn 5 extra entries. Each promo code is only valid for the corresponding entry period for which it is designated and can only be entered one time. However, more than one different promo code may be entered with a different non-winning MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR family Scratch-Off ticket number during the corresponding entry period for which it is designated.
- Prizes. The following table sets forth the prizes available in the Promotion.
- Drawings. A total of three second chance drawings will be held. Prizewinners for each drawing will be randomly selected from entries submitted and received before midnight ET on the last day of the entry period for that drawing. The entry periods, drawing dates and winner announcement dates are set forth in the table below. Drawings shall be held in Tallahassee, Florida, and witnessed by an accountant employed by an independent certified public accounting firm.
Drawing Entry Period Drawing Date Winners Announced 1 July 6, 2020 – July 27, 2020 July 29, 2020 August 3, 2020 2 July 28, 2020 – August 17, 2020 August 19, 2020 August 24, 2020 3 August 18, 2020 – September 14, 2020 September 16, 2020 September 21, 2020
In each of the drawings, a total of 61 valid entries will be drawn by the Florida Lottery using a certified random number generation process. The first entry drawn will win the top prize of $20,000. The second through eleventh entries drawn will each win a second prize of $5,000. The twelfth through forty-first entries drawn will each win a third prize of $1,000. The remaining entries drawn will be used in the order in which they were drawn and in the order of need to select an alternate top, second, or third prize winner in the event a top, second, or third prize cannot be awarded.
- Prizewinner Notification.
- The prizewinners in each second chance drawing will be posted on flalottery.com. on the announcement date set forth in the table in subsection (5) above for the related drawing, or as soon thereafter as practicable.
- The Florida Lottery will attempt to notify each prizewinner by telephone or email using the contact information provided in the prizewinner's registration data no later than one business day (Monday-Friday) after the prizewinners are posted on the Florida Lottery's website. The Florida Lottery deems the winner's registration data as the prizewinner's official contact information, including the physical mailing address. The Florida Lottery will not attempt to further locate a prizewinner if attempts to reach the winner by telephone or email are unsuccessful. If the Florida Lottery is unable to have contact by telephone or email with a prizewinner within seven calendar days of the date the prizewinners are posted on the website, the winner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will award the prize to an alternate prizewinner in accordance with subsection (5) above. If the Florida Lottery is unable to have contact by email or telephone with the alternate prizewinner within seven calendar days of the date of notification, the alternate prizewinner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will award the prize to the next alternate prizewinner. This process will continue until an alternate prizewinner is contacted or the Florida Lottery has exhausted the list of alternate prizewinners due to unsuccessful notification attempts or due to failure by a prizewinner or an alternate prizewinner to timely provide required claim documentation as set forth in subsection (7) below. If the Florida Lottery exhausts the list of alternate prizewinners, the prize will not be awarded.
- How to Claim a Prize. To claim any prize in a second chance drawing, the prizewinner must submit to the Florida Lottery the original valid non-winning MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR family Scratch-Off ticket bearing the entry number selected in the drawing. Without such ticket, the prizewinner will forfeit his or her right to claim a prize. The prizewinner must submit the entry ticket along with a completed Winner Claim Form DOL 173-2, revised 2/18, or Spanish Winner Claim Form DOL 173-2S, revised 3/19 and a copy of acceptable identification as set forth in the rule of the Florida Lottery governing payment of prizes. A copy of the current prize payment rule can be obtained from the Florida Lottery, Office of the General Counsel, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4011. Forms DOL 173-2 and DOL 173-2S are hereby incorporated by reference and may be obtained at any Florida Lottery office or retailer, from the Florida Lottery's website at flalottery.com., or by writing to: Florida Lottery, Customer Service, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4016. The required documentation must be received by any Florida Lottery office no later than fourteen calendar days after the Florida Lottery has made personal contact with the prizewinner. If the Florida Lottery has not received the required documentation from a prizewinner by the fourteenth calendar day after notification, the prizewinner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will award the prize to an alternate prizewinner in accordance with subsections (5) and (6) above. The same timeframe for a prizewinner to return required documentation to the Florida Lottery shall apply to an alternate prizewinner.
- Award of Top Prizes. Upon the Florida Lottery's timely receipt of a top prize winner's required documentation, the Lottery will award a top prize of $20,000, less applicable federal income tax withholding.
- Award of Second Prizes. Upon the Florida Lottery's timely receipt of a second prize winner's required documentation, the Lottery will award a second prize of $5,000.
- Award of Third Prizes. Upon the Florida Lottery's timely receipt of a third prize winner's required documentation, the Lottery will award a prize of $1,000.
- Taxes. Except as specifically described herein, all federal, state and/or local taxes or other fees on the prizes won in the MONOPOLY Bonus Promotion will be the responsibility of the prizewinner. Thirty percent federal income tax withholding will be withheld from any prize won by a nonresident alien prizewinner in the Promotion, regardless of the amount of the prize. The reporting and subsequent payment of any additional federal, state and/or local taxes shall be the responsibility of the nonresident alien prizewinner.
- Other Restrictions and Provisions.
- All prizes are subject to the provisions of Chapter 24, Florida Statutes, and rules promulgated thereunder. Prizes shall be paid in accordance with the rule of the Florida Lottery governing payment of prizes. A copy of the current prize payment rule can be obtained from the Florida Lottery, Office of the General Counsel, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4011.
- All prizewinners will be analyzed for state-owed debt. If a prizewinner is identified as owing an outstanding debt to any state agency or owes child support collected through a court, the debt will be offset in accordance with section 24.115(4), Florida Statutes. If the debt is an amount less than the amount of the prize, the balance of the prize after deduction of the debt shall be awarded. If the debt is an amount greater than the amount of the prize, the entire prize amount will be applied to the outstanding debt.
- Players must be at least 18 years of age. Persons prohibited by section 24.116, Florida Statutes, from purchasing a Florida Lottery ticket are not eligible to enter the MONOPOLY Bonus Promotion.
- By entering the MONOPOLY Bonus Promotion, a player gives his or her permission for the Florida Lottery to photograph and/or videotape and record the prizewinner with or without prior notification and to use the name, photograph, videotape, and/or recording of the prizewinner for advertising or publicity purposes without additional compensation.
Non-winning Scratch-Off lottery tickets from the four above-listed MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR family of games may be entered throughout the entire Promotion Period for entry into the next available drawing. Winning Scratch-Off lottery tickets from the above-listed MONOPOLY BONUS SPECTACULAR family of games cannot be used for entry into a MONOPOLY Bonus second chance drawing.
|Prizes Per Drawing|
|Prize Level||Prize Amount||Number of Prizewinners per Drawing||Total Prizewinners|
The official rules for the Monopoly™ Bonus Promotion can be obtained from www.flrules.org soon after publication in the Florida Administrative Register which is anticipated to be on or soon after July 7, 2020. In the event of a conflict between a provision of this rule and the official rules for the MONOPOLY Bonus Promotion, the official rules shall govern.