53ER19 – 30 Lotto Cash Second Chance Promotion
- Beginning April 15, 2019, through May 29, 2019 ("Promotion Period"), the Florida Lottery will conduct the Lotto Cash Second Chance Promotion ("Promotion"). Players who purchase a FLORIDA LOTTO® ticket of any price point during the Promotion Period, excluding FLORIDA LOTTO tickets purchased as part of a Jackpot Combo or GROUPER® play, will receive an entry voucher with a unique voucher number. Beginning April 22, 2019, voucher numbers can be used to enter into a drawing for a chance to win prizes.
- How to Enter.
- To enter a voucher number into a drawing, players must enter on the Florida Lottery’s website at flalottery.com. On the home page of the Florida Lottery’s website, players can click on the Lotto Cash Second Chance Promotion banner(s) and follow the directions.
- The entry voucher will be attached to the bottom of the FLORIDA LOTTO ticket. The voucher entry number is located at the bottom on the front of the voucher. Players are to enter the first 13-digits of the 19-digit voucher entry number. Qualifying FLORIDA LOTTO ticket purchases will produce entry vouchers from the beginning of the Promotion Period until 10:59 p.m. ET on May 29, 2019. A player may enter his or her voucher number for a FLORIDA LOTTO ticket purchased between April 15, 2019, and April 21, 2019, beginnning April 22, 2019. For all tickets purchased on or after April 22, 2019, a player will be able to enter his or her voucher numbers beginning at the top of the hour after the FLORIDA LOTTO ticket is purchased. A player entering a voucher number prior to the top of the hour after purchase will be directed to return at a later time to enter his or her voucher number into a drawing. Each valid voucher number may only be used one time, for one entry into a drawing. FLORIDA LOTTO ticket numbers cannot be used for entry into a drawing. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Entry vouchers should not be mailed to the Lottery unless players are contacted by the Florida Lottery and requested to do so. Entry vouchers or tickets received in the mail by the Florida Lottery will not be entered into a drawing and will not be returned. Cancelation of a qualifying FLORIDA LOTTO ticket will also cancel the associated entry voucher. Entry voucher numbers associated with a canceled FLORIDA LOTTO ticket that are entered into a second chance drawing will be disqualified.
- Prizes. The following table sets forth the prizes available in the Promotion.
Prizes Per Drawing
Prize Level Prize Amount Number of Prizewinners per Drawing Total Prizewinners Grand Prize $25,000 1 3 Second Prize $5,000 5 15 Third Prize $500 100 300 TOTAL 106 318
- Drawings. A total of three second chance drawings will be held and conducted by the Florida Lottery. Prizewinners for each drawing will be randomly selected from entries submitted and received before midnight ET on the last day of the entry period for that drawing. The entry periods and drawing dates are set forth in the table below.
Drawing Entry Period Drawing Date 1 April 22, 2019 – May 1, 2019 May 3, 2019 2 May 2, 2019 – May 15, 2019 May 17, 2019 3 May 16, 2019 – May 29, 2019 May 31, 2019
In each drawing, a total of 156 valid entries will be drawn by the Florida Lottery using a certified random number generation process. The first valid entry drawn will win a grand prize of $25,000. The second through sixth valid entries drawn will each win a second prize of $5,000. The seventh through one hundred sixth valid entries drawn will each win a third prize of $500. The one hundred seventh through one hundred fifty-sixth valid entries drawn will be used in the order in which they were drawn and in the order of need to select an alternate grand, second or third prize winner in the event a grand, second or third prize winner cannot be awarded. Drawings shall be public, held in Tallahassee, Florida, and witnessed by an accountant employed by an independent certified public accounting firm.
- The prizewinners in each second chance drawing will be posted on flalottery.com after the drawing.
- The Florida Lottery will attempt to notify each prizewinner by telephone or email using the contact information provided in the prizewinner’s registration data no later than one business day (Monday-Friday) after the prizewinners are posted on the Florida Lottery's website. The Florida Lottery deems the winner’s registration data as the prizewinner's official contact information, including the physical mailing address. The Florida Lottery will not attempt to further locate a prizewinner if attempts to reach the winner by telephone or email are unsuccessful. If the Florida Lottery is unable to have contact by telephone or email with a prizewinner within two weeks of the date the prizewinners are posted on the website, the winner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will award the prize to an alternate prizewinner in accordance with subsection (4) above. If the Florida Lottery is unable to have contact by email or telephone with the alternate prizewinner within two weeks of the date of notification, the alternate prizewinner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will award the prize to the next alternate prizewinner. This process will continue until an alternate prizewinner is contacted or the Florida Lottery has exhausted the list of alternate prizewinners due to unsuccessful notification attempts or due to failure by a prizewinner or an alternate prizewinner to timely provide required claim documentation as set forth in subsection (6) below. If the Florida Lottery exhausts the list of alternate prizewinners, the prize will not be awarded.
- How to Claim a Prize. To claim any prize in a Lotto Cash Second Chance Promotion drawing, the winner must submit to the Florida Lottery the original valid voucher bearing the unique number selected in the drawing. Without such voucher, the winner will forfeit his or her right to claim a prize. The voucher should be detached from the FLORIDA LOTTO ticket prior to submission to the Florida Lottery and the FLORIDA LOTTO ticket should be retained by the player. All prizewinners must submit the voucher along with a copy of acceptable identification as set forth in the rule of the Florida Lottery governing payment of prizes. A copy of the current prize payment rule can be obtained from the Florida Lottery, Office of the General Counsel, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4011. Grand and second prize winners must also submit a completed Winner Claim Form DOL 173-2, revised, 09/13, or Spanish Winner Claim Form DOL 173-2S revised, 09/13. Forms DOL 173-2 and DOL 173-2S are hereby incorporated by reference and may be obtained at any Florida Lottery retailer or Florida Lottery office, from the Florida Lottery’s website at flalottery.com, or by writing to: Florida Lottery, Customer Service, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4016. The required documentation must be received by the Florida Lottery no later than two weeks after the Florida Lottery has made contact by telephone or email with the winner. If the Florida Lottery has not received the required documentation from a prizewinner by the fourteenth calendar day after notification, the winner will forfeit his or her right to claim the prize and the Florida Lottery will award the prize to an alternate winner in accordance with subsections (4) and (5) above. The same timeframe for a winner to return required documentation to the Florida Lottery shall apply to an alternate winner. Winners who mail the required documentation to the Lottery shall bear the risk that the U.S. Postal Service or other carrier may fail to timely deliver the required documentation.
- Award of Grand Prize. Upon the Florida Lottery's timely receipt of a grand prize winner's required documentation, the Lottery will award the winner a prize of $25,000, less applicable federal income tax withholding.
- Award of Second Prizes. Upon the Florida Lottery's timely receipt of a second prize winner's required documentation, the Lottery will award the winner a prize of $5,000.
- Award of Third Prizes. Upon the Florida Lottery's timely receipt of a third prize winner's required documentation, the Lottery will award the winner a prize of $500.
- Except as specifically described herein, all federal, state and/or local taxes or other fees on the prizes won in the Promotion will be the responsibility of the winner.
- Thirty percent federal income tax withholding will be withheld from any prize won by a nonresident alien prizewinner in the Promotion, regardless of the amount of the prize. The reporting and subsequent payment of any additional federal, state and/or local taxes shall be the responsibility of the nonresident alien claimant.
- Other Restrictions and Provisions.
- All prizes are subject to the provisions of Chapter 24, Florida Statutes, and rules promulgated thereunder. Prizes shall be paid in accordance with the rule of the Florida Lottery governing payment of prizes. A copy of the current payment of prizes rule can be obtained from the Florida Lottery, Office of the General Counsel, 250 Marriott Drive, Tallahassee, Florida 32399-4011.
- All grand and second prize winners will be analyzed for state-owed debt. If a prizewinner is identified as owing an outstanding debt to any state agency or owes child support collected through a court, the debt will be offset in accordance with section 24.115(4), Florida Statutes. If the debt is an amount less than the amount of the prize, the balance of the prize after deduction of the debt shall be awarded. If the debt is an amount greater than the amount of the prize, the entire prize amount will be applied to the outstanding debt.
- Players must be at least 18 years of age. Persons prohibited by section 24.116, Florida Statutes, from purchasing a Florida Lottery ticket are not eligible to enter the Lotto Cash Second Chance Promotion.
- By entering the Lotto Cash Second Chance Promotion, a player gives his or her permission for the Florida Lottery to photograph and/or videotape and record the prizewinner with or without prior notification and to use the name, photograph, videotape, and/or recording of the prizewinner for advertising or publicity purposes without additional compensation.